- Data Analysis
- Other Protocols
- Make 1x tris-glycine-SDS running buffer. (For a bis-tris gel, use MOPS-SDS running buffer).
- Load the gels into the gel holders being sure to keep a tight seal between the gel- cast and the gasket.
- Pour the running buffer into the middle of the gels and check for leaks.
- Pour the rest of the running buffer into the bottom of the running container.
- Remove combs and use a pipette to clean away any unpolymerized acrylamide.
- Make a marker for each gel (10 microliters marker + 10 ul blue SDS-buffer)
- Load all 20 ul of the marker into the first well.
- Load 25 ul of the lysate (1 ug/ul) into the rest of the wells.
- Fill any empty wells with Laemmli SDS-buffer.
- Set gel to 90v and run for approximately 2 hours.